Pink Beet Juice Icing Recipe
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 cups of icing sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 beet to yield 2-4 tbsp of beet juice
You can use a juicer to juice the beet but if you do not have a juicer you can use a blender or food processor.
1. Cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer.
2. Peel and trim the beet, chop into small pieces and add to a blender or
3. Blend/process the beet until it is a rough pulp.
4. Set up a fine mesh strainer over a bowl, pour any beet juice and all the
pulp into the strainer.
5. Drain the juice and then press the pulp into the strainer to get as much
of the remaining juice as possible.
6. Now you have a little bowl of beet juice.
7. Discard the spent beet pulp.
8. Add the icing sugar, vanilla, and beet juice then mix until smooth.
9. Place the icing in the fridge for at least one hour to chill for best results.
Especially if you are piping the icing onto the cupcakes. Otherwise it will not hold the shape very well.