Gluten Free Cream Cookies
April 3, 2014 by Erica Samm Entertainment 0 0
Check out this deliciously creamy gluten free recipe from All Day I Dream About Food! Here’s how to do it:
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp heavy cream, room temperaure
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, Muesli, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with granulated erythritol and molasses. Beat in egg until well combined. Beat in flour mixture until dough is well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown and barely firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, beat butter until smooth, then beat in powdered erythritol. Beat in cream and vanilla until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Take one cookie and spread the bottom with filling, then top with another cookie, bottom-side down to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- Makes about 10 sandwich cookies.