Fun Food Party Recipes – Watermelon Dessert
Your summer party will be the hit of the season when your guests “dive into” this incredible-looking watermelon fruit basket! With all the goodness of healthy fruit and the eye-catching appeal, you’ll make a big splash with this watermelon centerpiece!
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 1 oblong-shaped seedless watermelon
2 1 (4-serving-size) package blue gelatin, prepared in a small plastic container according to package directions
3 Assorted cut-up fruit pieces
4 Beach-themed items for decoration
5 Gummy fish for garnish
- Cut a 1/4-inch slice off the bottom of the watermelon to provide a stable base.
- Draw lines in a wave design, with a sharp pencil or thin marker, approximately halfway up and all the way around the watermelon. Cut the watermelon along those lines.
- Scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scoop or large spoon, and reserve for fruit salad.
- Create a water scene by placing the blue gelatin container in the watermelon bowl. Fill in around the “water” with fruit salad cut into fun shapes and balls.
- Arrange small, clean, non-toxic, new, small beach-themed toys and plastic dolls toward the edge of the watermelon bowl to create a beach scene. Garnish the sides with drink umbrellas and plastic palm tree swizzle sticks, and add gummy fish to the top of the salad and gelatin to complete the scene.