Eco-Friendly Craft Ideas – Butterfly Pencil
Check out this great easy craft idea. This small art piece can hold pencils or a lollipop. Simply decorate your children’s pencils or give lollipops to all their classmates for Valentines Day.
Here’s what you need:
acrylic paint in several colors
lollipops or pencils
bone folder or butter knife
Here’s how we made ours:
1. fold the cardstock in half.
2. put dots of paint on one side.
3. fold in half and squish paint around (the more, the better).
4. Cut out a butterfly shape and use that as a tracing template.
5. once the paint is dry, fold the cardstock in half and trace the butterfly on the folded side.
6. cut out your butterfly shape.
7. cut two small slits where the lollipop or pencil will go.
8. make a score mark with a bone folder (or butter knife) between the two cut marks and parallel to the fold. I drew a line in pencil only so you could see it.
9. use your bone folder to push in that rectangle.
10. stick your google eyes onto your lollipop (you may want to glue yours).
11. slide the lollipop into the wings.